You are creating purchase order approval process with work distribution rule Direct Approvers, however the employee name is not visible while selecting in the list of Direct Approvers work distribution.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Application and User Management Work Center.
- Go to the Task Distribution view.
- Select the Approval Process view.
- Select the Default approval process for Purchase Order.
- Select the Copy button.
- Select the Work Distribution as Direct Approvers and select Edit button.
- Employee name ABC is not visible to whom you would like to define Direct Approver.
Employee is not visible in the list of Direct Approvers because for the specific user to perform the task execution, they need to have write permission for the work center view PRO_EXPENSESANDPURCHASES from where the task execution required permissions are granted. Since the user is having the work center view assigned in Read only mode, the user is not displayed as one of the probable persons who can participate in the approval process as Direct Approver.
You can assign the work center view PRO_EXPENSESANDPURCHASES to the employee ABC with the following steps;
- Go to the Application & User Management Work Center.
- Under the Business Users and select the employee ABC.
- Select Edit & Access Rights.
- Navigate to Access Restrictions tab.
- Filter the work center view PRO_EXPENSESANDPURCHASES.
- Both Read Access and Write Access should be Unrestricted.
- Select Save.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To