On creation of a new Sales Quote, the ID's generated are not in the sequence.
SAP Sales Cloud
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Sales Quotes view.
- Select the button New and create a new sales quote.
- Maintain all mandatory details and save the sales quote.
- The sales quote ID generates is NNN (where NNN is the sales quote ID, lets say the number/value of this sales quote id is 110).
- Repeat the same step 3 and 4 and create new sales quote .
You will see the sales quote ID generate now is MMM (where MMM is sales quote ID which is created after NNN but have smaller number, lets say the number/value of this sales quote ID is 100 i. e. could be any number below 110).
This behaviour also occurs for other sales documents, like opportunities.
The service is buffered. Various servers get different parts of the number range buffered and draw the number from it. So server A can gets 1-10 and server B can gets 11-20. So it's clear, that no sequence (from time point of view) will result from it.
This an expected behavior in current release.
Number Range, Sequence, Sales Quotes, Opportunities , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To