- How to recalculate accruals for employee’s on mass.
- If issues are found with Accruals for users and you need to make an adjustment on mass (such as the Accrual Rule was incorrect and employees accrued incorrect Time amounts), you can run a simple Accrual Calendar job to recalculate the values for the Time Account Type in question.
- Employee Central
To run an Accrual Calendar in Recalculation mode, you must do the following -:
1) Navigate to Admin Tools > Manage Time Off Calendars
2) Select “Accrual” in the Change Scenario drop-down menu and then click the New Calendar button
3) Give the new Calendar job a Name, ensure Change Scenario is set to Accrual, select the correct Time Account Type (the one in question) and set the Start and End dates to the correct dates for that accrual period (in my example below, it is for my accrual period of June 2014). Click save once this is set (see below example).
4) Once saved, the next step is to click “Take Action” to the right of the new Accrual Calendar job you have created and click Edit. When the edit menu opens, you will see the “With Recalculation” tickbox is now available. Tick the box and click Save again -:
5) The system will save the change and take you back to the Accrual Calendar job launch page. Click Take Action next to the Accrual Recalculation job you created and click Simulate. The job will run in Simulation mode and will return a file containing all the users who will be impacted by the Recalculation, and it will return the Incorrect Accrual Amount, the Recalculation which subtracts the incorrect amount from the Time Account and then it will post the correct Accrual Amount to the Time Acount
Please note that the Recalculate option will only recalculate accruals for employees where the accrual is different that was originally posted (so it will check and compare the previous accrual with the accrual calculated by the new recalculation job).
You can recover the output file via Admin Tools > Monitor Jobs, which you can use to verify the recalculated amounts are correct before running the job to commit the changes to the system.
KBA , sf employee_central , sf employee , sf change , sf job , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To