A subdomain is an online Web site URL, like http://jobs.successfactors.com, where the Recruiting Marketing module will reside online. This is a three-step process: creating the subdomain, certifying the subdomain, and finally pointing the subdomain to RMK.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
Note : SSL certificate requests should be submitted via the HCM portal and not directed to support. See KBA 2528548 - Partner resources for Career Site Builder Implementations
Creating and directing a subdomain
Set up a sub-domain in your DNS server with your preferred name, a CNAME is preferred
Add a CNAME record for <Insert sub-domain> to the jobs2web.com informed by Operations team
- There is no restriction to use .com for your subdomain - you are free to use other domains (such as .it, .es etc)
- Creating a subdomain creates the online Web site where the new Recruiting Marketing platform will reside.
- Use of subfolders (www.customername.com/jobs) is not supported. This is because a sub-domain allows us to use CNAME records so the site can be moved without any customer interruption.
- “jobs” is the subdomain, and“customername.com” is a domain that your company owns. We recommend use of “careers” or “jobs” as the subdomain for search engine optimization and candidate experience reasons, but any subdomain may be used. Note though that the subdomain must follow the format jobs.customername.com. This cannot be changed.
- On the Recruiting Marketing side, we create our own subdomain of
https://<defined by Operations team>.jobs2web.com.
- This is the subdomain where the RMK platform will reside on SuccessFactors servers.
Certifying the subdomain
Recruiting Marketing also generates a Certificate Signing Request for the enablement of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) on the Recruiting Marketing site. This feature is strongly recommended to ensure candidate data is being passed to the RMK site securely. The customer will sign this request with the assistance of their IT team, and deliver this back to the Recruiting Marketing team.
Pointing the subdomain
The customer then will then point the newly-created and certified subdomain to a CNAME to an IP address. This IP address is advised and provided as part of the certification process. However, a CNAME entry is preferable.
A note on brands and subdomains: only one subdomain (and one SSL) is supported per RMK site. It is not possible to have several brands pointing each to a subdomain with their own SSL.
SSL certificate request, sub-domain configuration. sub-domain setup , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-ADM , Administration, Setting, Permissoin & RBP, RecruiterSyn , How To