Recruiting Marketing's Distance Search (also known as Radius Search) allows public site users to enter a postal code and a radius in order to find jobs in a wider area. This feature is developed for Rx and RMK standalone customers. Distance Search requires Keyword Search, and can be enabled in conjunction with Location Search.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
When using the Radius search, a user can only enter a valid postal code into the zip code box, and as the user types, zip codes matching their entered digits will appear in a predictive text box, from which they can select a postal code.
- Only zip codes for countries with active jobs will display in the type-ahead. For example, if a client has jobs in the US, all zip codes for this country will be available in the type-ahead.
The RMK platform does not support certain zip codes, including military codes like APO, FPO and DPO.
- This functionality works for both customers with Rx (RCM and RMK) or with RMK stand-alone
- From a data perspective, job data must contain both a country (in the standard ISO country format) and a postcode. For example, "Minneapolis, MN, US, 55408". If using Real Time Job Sync, specific field mapping is required.
How to enable
- Open Command Center
- Under the Site tab select Site Setup
- Click on Search tab
- Check the box next to Keyword to enable Keyword Search. Keyword Search is required to enable any of the other three types of search.
- Select Search by Distance
- Enter default values for both imperial (miles) and metric (kilometers), separated by commas
- Enter a number in the "Default" box for the default distance search. This number must be one of the values entered into the values text box.
Radius Search is only available for US jobs. Missing entries are possible for other countries than US in the Geo-names Database which contains all the zipcodes. This will result in erratic behaviours.
The recommendation is that only customers with 100% of their jobs in the US should use it since it is not possible to just enable it by country/locale.
Extending the features to all countries by completing this database is not considered a defect but an enhancement to the feature.
If you believe this feature should be made available, please submit an enhancement request as per the process outlined in KBA 2090228.
2090228 - How to submit enhancement requests for SAP SuccessFactors products
radial, postal code, postcode, radius , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK , Recruiting Marketing , How To