The URL Builder is the primary tool whereby a Recruiting Marketing (RMK) user can manually create a trackable, coded URL for posting to a source online like LinkedIn, Monster, SimplyHired, and more. The content and codes for the URL Builder is based on the broader Referral Parsing Engine (RPE) that RMK has, which can track candidate activity over 3,000 sources online (from Google to LinkedIn to niche job boards).
While the RPE has some 3,000 sources in it, the URL Builder has under 50. This is done for mainly 2 purposes:
- Technical reasons: Having a large number of sources in there means longer load times for the Dashboard. Keeping the list short ensures that the Dashboard loads quickly and easily.
- Experience reasons: It's difficult to scroll through multiple selections of sources and content that may not be inherently intuitive to casual users or non-RMK-experienced users.
- Functional reasons: Not all customers use the same sources that other customers do; keeping the list short and specific means that only sources used by multiple customers appear here.
- This makes specific sources that a customer may use--say, a niche job board focused on nursing for a healthcare customer--not very applicable for, say, a customer whose focus is not healthcare or nursing-related.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing (RMK)
There are two methods of providing the correct source tracking information to our customers:
We can always provide the textual code and content that needs to be entered in a URL for it to function. This typically means providing a utm_source code for a user to enter into a URL. For example:
- e.g. https://jobs.successfactors.com/?utm_source=monster&utm_campaign=Test_Campaign
Specifically, the content that bolded and underlined (utm_source=monster) is the content that determines which source is tagged by the RPE.
While cumbersome, we can always provide a list of existing utm_source codes for recruiters & sourcers to insert manually into requisitions. This is useful for one-off postings or for situations where the URL Builder is not needed.
Adding to the URL Builder
Alternatively, if this is a source that will be consistently leveraged by the customers' users, a customer add the source to the URL Builder via Career Site Builder (see: 3046033 - Career Site Builder Site Source Editor - Recruiting Marketing). The reasons above, while important, are always trumped by our customers' needs to post jobs to various source online.
2562257 - How to Add Options into the Source Tracker Menu - Recruiting Marketing
Add, Source, URL Builder, Source Tracker, RMK, CSB , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-SRT , Source Tracker , How To