You want to assign an Interest Method to valuation view XX00YY of Fixed Asset Class ABC. An Error Message appears: Interest Code Maintained But Interest Deactivated For Val. View XX00YY.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Edit the Fine Tuning activity Fixed Asset Class.
- Select Edit Fixed Asset Classes.
- Select Asset Class ABC.
- Go to sub-tab Default Interest Methods.
- Select the Valuation View XX00YY and select interest method XXX from the drop down.
- Press Save.
- The error message appears: Interest Code Maintained But Interest Deactivated For Val. View XX00YY.
Notional interest can only be calculated for valuation views different from XX00YY, i.e. different from the valuation view which posts to the General Ledger and is reported on the financial statements.
You can only assign a default interest method to valuation views which are of statistical nature. Interests are calculated on top of the normal depreciation and this is ok for internal valuation views but does not apply for those where real postings happen.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To