You have created inventory data manually through the Inventory activity available in the Integrate and Extend phase of the Business Configuration activity list. Later on you noticed that you entered wrong data and want to reverse the resulting Journal Entry posted but don't know how to do that.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
Manually enter inventory:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Select the respective project and click Open Activity List.
- Move to Integrate and Extend phase.
- Search and open the activity Inventory.
- Click Manually enter inventory.
- Select the Stock Type (e. g. Warehouse Stock).
- Enter required General Information and Line Items information.
- Click Save.
This action generates a Confirmation ID XX, which is the Initial Balance Setting Confirmation XX.
Checking the related Journal Entry posted:
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Journal Entries view.
- Go to Journal Entries subview.
- Use the Advanced Search and search for Journal Entry Type: Data Migration, Related Source Document Type: Goods and Activity Confirmation and Related Source Document ID: the Confirmation ID XX generated previously.
You'll find the Data Migration Journal Entry.
Since you have manually created inventory data, an Initial Balance Setting Confirmation document was created. This source document belongs to source document type Goods and Activity Confirmation. As per system standards, you need to reverse the source document in order to reverse the resulting journal entry.
To achieve that you should execute the common task Display / Reverse Goods And Activity Confirmation available on Internal Logistics work center:
- Go to Internal Logistics work center.
- Go to Common Tasks > Display / Reverse Goods And Activity Confirmation.
- Show All Goods And Activity Confirmations.
- Select Confirmation ID XX (notice the Reversal Status: Not Canceled).
- Click Reverse Confirmation.
- Your Confirmation ID XX has been reversed. Notice that Reversal Status has changed to Canceled.
- Open Confirmation ID XX and take note of Reversal Confirmation ID YY.
To check the Reversal Journal Entry, simply go back to the Journal Entries subview of General Ledger work center and search for Journal Entry Type: Reversal of Data Migration and Related Source Document ID: the Reversal Confirmation ID YY just created.
As a result you have reversed the Confirmation ID XX and its resulting journal entry posted.
Reverse Goods And Activity Confirmations. Data Migration. Inventory. , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To