- Error: “An object already exists with the technical name"
- In Crystal Reports, when trying to save a report to the SAP BW Role, the following error occurs:
"An object already exists with the technical name"
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a report based on BEx Query through SAP Menu.
- Save the report under a BW Role.
- Now again open the report and save it locally.
- Open the locally saved report and try to save it under the BW Role, it gives the following error:
"An object already exists with the Technical Name. Choose a Different Name"
This occurs when trying to overwrite an existing report stored on the SAP BW System with a local report file. Since it is considered a new object on the SAP BW System, it cannot overwrite the existing object.
- This is a normal behavior and there is no option to change this behavior.
- To update existing report stored on the SAP BW System, open the report from the SAP menu in Crystal Reports, modify the report, and then save the change back to the SAP BW System. In this way it is possible to modify the report, as it is the exact same file.
crystal reports, bw, technical name, object already exists, cr , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem