This KBA has a complied list of Error Codes which might be encountered during the Employee Import Process and will be present in the Import Email Notification.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
The following error codes/error messages may sometimes be seen in the Email Notification after an import file is processed due to data issues.
You may also see these within the application in some error messages. Please review the error codes/error messages within this KBA for guidance.
Error Code List :
- USEREJB_OK = 0;
- UPDATE_PROFILE = 1;
- UPDATE_PASSWORD = 2;
- INVALID_PASSWORD = -5;
- INVALID_USERID = -6;
- INVALID_MANAGER_ID = -7;
- INVALID_HR_ID = -8;
- USERBEAN_IS_NULL = -9;
- MANAGER_CYCLE_DETECTED = -10;
- INVALID_USERNAME = -11;
- DUPLICATE_USERNAME = -12;
- PASSWORD_EXPIRED = -13;
- USER_NOT_FOUND = -14;
- NO_LOGIN_PERMISSION = -15;
- ACCOUNT_LOCKED = -16;
- REQUIRED_COLUMN_MISSING = -17;
- PROXY_ALREADY_EXISTS = -18;
- PROXY_NOT_EXISTS = -19;
- INVALID_MATRIX_MANAGER_ID = -20;
- INVALID_PROXY_ID = -21;
- INVALID_CUSTOM_MANAGER_ID = -22;
- INVALID_SECOND_MANAGER_ID = -23;
- SECOND_MANAGER_CYCLE_DETECTED = -24;
- ACCOUNT_VALIDATION_NEEDED = -25;
- USER_LIMIT_VIOLATION = -26;
- USER_IS_PURGED = -27;
- EXTERNAL_NOT_SUPPORTED = -28;
- FOUND_USERACCOUNT_FOR_PURGED = -29;
- FOUND_PERSON_FOR_PURGED = -30;
- DUPLICATE_ASSIGNMENT_ID_EXTERNAL = -31
- ASSIGNMENT_ID_EXTERNAL_NOT_SUPPORTED = -32
The following is a list of commonly received errors when importing the user data file:
INVALID_PASSWORD = -5;
Failed to add/update user [XUser] "XUsers" (Distribution;N/A;State): Invalid Password -5
Password does not meet encryption standard set. Please check your password policies in admin tools.
INVALID_USERID = -6;
Failed to add/update user [XUser] "XUser" (Distribution;N/A;State): INVALID_USERID = -6
Invalid format for USERID. Typically only 0-9 Aa-Zz are acceptable values.
INVALID_MANAGER_ID = -7;
Failed to transfer user "XUser" from old mgr "NO_MANAGER" to new mgr "XUser1"; INVALID_MANAGER_ID = -7;
"XUser1" was not a valid user for the system.
INVALID_HR_ID = -8;
Failed to update HR for userAdmin Administrator[XUser] (Distribution;N/A;State): Invalid HR Id - "XUser1"
"XUser1" was not a valid user for the system. The HR user may have been inactivated.
MANAGER_CYCLE_DETECTED = -10;
Failed to add/update user [XUser] "XXXXXXXX" (Distribution;N/A;State): Manager Cycle detected with this manager Id - "XUser"
The hierarchy is invalid. A user could be designated as reporting through the hierarchy to a user who is lower in the hierarchy or there could be another cyclic relationship.
The USERID of the manager might be a duplicate of another USERID.
INVALID_USERNAME = -11;
Failed to add/update user [XUser] "XUser" (Distribution;N/A;State): Invalid Username - "X User." INVALID_USERNAME = -11;
Invalid format for USERNAME. Username must be a character string with no spaces.
DUPLICATE_USERNAME = -12;
Failed to add/update user [XUser] "X User" (Distribution;N/A;State): Duplicate Username - "XUser" DUPLICATE_USERNAME = -12;
Duplicate USERNAME. This often occurs when a customer is using leading zeroes in the USERID field and is attempting to upload users without the leading zeroes, or vice versa. USERNAME must be a unique value for every user. You may be trying to use a username that is already assigned to another active or inactive user in the system.
- See more details on KBA 2089382 - User Import Errors - Duplicate Username or Username has already been taken by a soft purged user - Platform
PASSWORD_EXPIRED = -13;
- Failed to add/update user [XUser] "X User" (Distribution;N/A;State): PASSWORD_EXPIRED = -13; Password does not meet encryption standard set. Password may have expired past date set in encryption standard.
REQUIRED_COLUMN_MISSING = -17
- The means missing values for required fields when importing inactive new users.
- This error code - -17 doesn't have any actual business impact, it won't cause import job failure. Customer can either ignore the error code - -17 error message or maintain values for all the required fields for inactive new users to avoid error code --17.
INVALID PROXY ID
Failed to add/update user [XUser] "X User" (Distribution;N/A;State): General Error with error code - -21
Please check the userID's used in the Proxy column and correct the proxy list.
Failed to deactivate user:
"XUser" - User does not exist.
Client was trying to inactivate a user who never existed.
Failed to update manager
For user X User [XUser] (Distribution;N/A;State): Invalid Manager Id - "NO_MGR".
Correct format is NO_MANAGER.
Failed to update HR
For user X User[XUser] (Distribution;N/A;State): Invalid HR Id - "NO-HR"
Correct format is NO_HR.
USER_IS_PURGED = -27;
- Importing username causes General Error with error code - -27
The user you are going to upload has been purged by DRM. The purged user can not be imported again with the same userid
EXTERNAL_NOT_SUPPORTED = -28;
- This error means means the user id that is been imported has already been taken by an external user and cannot convert that external user to the internal employee via Employee Import.
- To resolve Permanent purge the external user id to release the user id you want to use.
If user id is taken by an external LMS user, see KBA 2922739 - How to purge external learners using DRM - SAP SuccessFactors Learning
If user id is taken by an external ONB user, you may follow this KBA 3052056 - [ONB 2.0] How to delete or permanent purge an inactive onboardee user
DUPLICATE_ASSIGNMENT_ID_EXTERNAL = -31
- This means the assignment id in has already been used by other users, download the User Data File using employee export to verify.
ASSIGNMENT_ID_EXTERNAL_NOT_SUPPORTED = -32
- This means ASSIGNMENT_ID_EXTERNAL in the employee import file is invalid.
- Suggestion to remove ASSIGNMENT_ID_EXTERNAL column in the import file. Note: you don’t have to add this column during import because employee import can't update Assignment ID.
- Another case: If you're trying to create a new userid 000200921 with assignmentId 200921 and get this -32 error. then it's due to 20091 has already been taken by another user, if you checked User data file and didn't find 20091 has been used, then it could be taken by a soft purged.
USER_ID_AND_ASSIGNMENT_ID_EXTERNAL_NOT_SAME = -33
- This means Assignment id that has been input in the User Data File is not same as the users Userid.
3051283 - H1 2021 - Employee Import Email Notification Changes
2449342 - Troubleshooting Employee Import issues - Guided Answer
2089382 - User Import Errors - Duplicate Username or Username has already been taken by a soft purged user - Platform
2138823 - User Data File (UDF) or Employee Import: General Error Codes - PLT
email notification error; system error codes, general error codes, error codes, import error, import error code, -17, -32 , -31, -28 , employee import dailed , failed , email notification , KBA , sf error messages platform , LOD-SF-PLT-UIM , Employee Import Issues , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Problem