- Foreign names appears to be corrupted in the Employee Profile;
- Although imported successfully, user data is showing corrupted in the system;
- Foreign names and special characters showing corrupted in the Employee Profile;
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Search for any employee in the People Search;
- Click on it's label at the cascade popup window that will appear below the People Search field;
- In the user's Employee Profile, you'll see some foreign names and especial characters corrupted.
This behavior can be noticed when the encoding format used during an Employee Import doesn't match the file format. It can happen with either a manual or automatic (SFTP Job) Employee Import.
# If performing a manual Employee Import:
- At first, it's necessary to ensure which are the actual encoding format of the file you're importing.
- The most common encoding format is the Unicode (UTF-8):
# If it's related to an automated Employee Import:
- Raise a new incident within the Cloud Product Support under the component LOD-SF-PLT-JOBS;
- Provide a screenshot of where you're seeing the corrupted foreign names and/or special characters.
- SAP Cloud Product Support will determine the file format and set the correct one in the Job settings.
employee import, foreign names, special characters, foreign names corrupted, characters corrupted, employee profile, import job, format encoding , KBA , sf imports , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Problem