- You are over your license limit and need to purchase more seats or need to delete seats no longer being used
- Trying to import users and you get the one of the following errors:
- Exceeded the number of users. Please contact SF for help
- You added the maximum number of users licensed to your account
- User License Limit is exceeded
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Every customer has a subscription level for licences (seats). Once customer exceeds license threshold, they will be notified and the SuccessFactors system will show up those errors when they try to import new users.
To resolve this issue, you have two options:
- Set some users as INACTIVE - such as test users or duplicated users
Customer Success will first help a customer remove inactive users and clean up data to free up licenses.
- Engage your Partner or create a case under LOD-SF-PLT-PRV to analyze the configuration under User License Enforcement Options;
Partners and Customer Success should analyze the configurations that are placed in Provisioning > Company Settings > User License Enforcement Options. There are three options:
- Display maximum users alert, no enforcement - recommended;
- No maximum users alert, no enforcement;
- Enforce license maximum and display alert;
If customer is using Enforce license maximum and display alert option, that is why they are not able to add new users in manage user;
- Purchase more license via your Account Executive or Customer Engagement Executive
If you do not know who is your AE or CEE, please follow the KBA 2626344 - Who is the SAP Account Manager for my company?
NOTE: Option 2 should not be considered unless customer agrees that all current ACTIVE users are needed and they want to purchase more seats.
In addition, with the License Utilization Information Application (LUI) you can find a comprehensive overview of SAP license entitlements and SAP software usage. Please check License Utilization Information for details on how to have access to the LUI application.
For the information sheets with guidance on user definitions and the steps customers can take to review usage within their SuccessFactors system, make sure to check the "Human Resources" at Cloud (SaaS) Application Usage & SAP Cloud Platform Services page.
licenses, warning, license count, seats, license seats, LUI, utilization, application usage, usage , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , How To