- What to do if I need a conversion of User ID?
- Can I change the UserID of some/all users in the system?
- How to modify the UserID of a user?
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
What is a User ID?
In the SAP SuccessFactors system User ID is the primary key for the master table that defines each user. As in most employee databases, changing this primary key is not possible without risking disruption of functionality throughout the system. SAP SuccessFactors does not recommend changing the USERID field.
Common Drivers for User ID Conversion Requests
- Customer completes an acquisition: After the acquisition, the customer imports users using old IDs to integrate the new employees into the BizX. At a later date, the customer wishes to standardize the User IDs.
- Some employees transfer to a different location: Some customers have different User ID format for employees based on region. So, when an employee transfers to a different location, the customer requests a conversion.
- Go-live (on EC or another HRIS system): When customers go-live on EC or another HRIS system and their User ID changes as a result, they request a conversion. Important: User ID Conversion must occur before enabling EC
There are some other customer needs that are not so common – such as rehire of a former employee. In all these cases, SuccessFactors performs a User ID conversion which BizX user ids are converted to a new value provided by the customer.
USERID Conversion is not supported:
- If you are live on Employee Central Module, JAM, LMS, *Mobile, MDF, Onboarding & WFA
- If you are using Data Privacy and Protection Reports (Change Audit/Read Audit/Data Subject Information)
- Consequence: The system will lose the track of user data that is linked to the ID and report will not bring correct information for those userid that were changed
If you need to perform a User ID Conversion?
Suspension of User ID Conversion
- Requests to convert User IDs have been suspended by Customer Support at this time.
- If you wish to proceed with User ID conversion, you need to contact Professional Services team and they will validate the request.
- To engage the Professional Service team please reach out to your Services Sales Engagement Manager and complete the Service Contact form via the following link http://community.successfactors.com/t5/Services-Contact/ct-p/Services_Contact
- However, most data protection and privacy functions require a unique, stable identifier for each user in your system. Currently, the platform User ID is one such identifier. Changing the User ID for a given user disrupts important data protection and privacy functions, such as data purge, read audit, and change audit.
- Therefore, if you have any data protection and privacy requirements at all, including the ability to purge user data, you should not convert your User IDs. Currently, these requests are not being accepted.
SAP Help Portal: Different IDs in SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
SAP Help Portal: Suspension of User ID Conversion
KBA - 2149831 - How to contact Professional Services, Partner and Account Management Team - SuccessFactors
merge, user, users, convert, userid, conversion, privacy , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-PLT-TLS , Tools , How To