- The Admin Alerts tile is a compact way to see all the pending action items you track throughout SuccessFactors
- The Tile is organized the same way you work, into Workflow activities, People activities, and HR Data activities
- It's possible to quickly see how many activities are pending and make updates, changes, or get more details about those activities directly from the tile
- It isn't necessary to first navigate to the individual tool or find the exact employee anymore. Action can be taken directly from the tile
- Legacy Admin Alerts reached end of maintenance on November 20, 2020 and will be deleted on November 19, 2021.
- As of 2H 2020, Admin Alerts 2.0 has reached feature parity with the legacy Admin Alerts. New developments are only being made for Admin Alerts 2.0. For example, the assignment of admin alerts is only available in Admin Alerts 2.0.
****Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.***
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Pre-requisite: Please ensure that necessary permissions are granted to your account for you to be able to have access to Admin Alerts:
- Access to non-secured objects: You can find this permission under Manage Permission Roles > Select your role > Metadata Framework > Access to non-secured objects
- Access Admin Alerts: You can find this permission under Manage Permission Roles > Select your role > Administrator Permissions > Admin Alerts > Access Admin Alerts
- Configure Alert Types: You can find this permission under Manage Permission Roles > Select your role > Administrator Permissions > Admin Alerts > Configure Alert Types
For more details on other required permissions, please refer to this section of the admin guide.
Admin Alerts 2.0 is a new tile in Homepage which allows users. By using Admin Alerts, you won't have to first navigate to the individual tool or find the exact employee involved – you can see the items that need attention and then click to go straight to what you need to action. Rather than displaying all items the Admin Alerts tile is focused on displaying items that interfere with the efficient and timely operation of the HR process.
Starting b2005 release, the following enhancements are implemented for Admin Alerts 2.0.
- The Admin Alerts 2.0 Tile is now available in Home Page. This is a compact way for system administrators to see pending action items tracked in the system. To enable the tile in the bizX homepage, you can navigate to Admin Center > Manage Home Page > Check if the Admin Alerts 2.0 tile is located in the "Default" tab as shown on the screenshot below.
- Please refer to the Home Page Admin Guide on how to manage home page tiles in the instance.
- If you do not see the Admin Alerts 2.0 tile here, you can check if it is located under "Repository" or "Not Used" tab. You need to move the tile to "Default" to make it visible to the permissioned users.
- It is possible to assign Admin Alerts to yourself or to others (assigning alerts provides a way for teams to work jointly on Admin Alerts). For more details on how to assign admin alerts in your instance, please follow the steps in this section of the Admin Guide.
- Checks for Admin Alerts 2.0 have been added to the Check Tool after b2005 system release. Administrators can now take advantage of the Check Tool to run checks for admin alerts, including inactive alerts as well as alerts that haven't been processed in the past 30 days or longer. This helps assuring they are triggered and shown to the responsible administrator users correctly. You can learn more about the Check Tool on this Admin Guide.
Things to Consider:
- You can grant permissions to the Admin Alerts tile and the categories by the Role Based Permissions:
- To see the Admin Alerts Tile and to see the ‘Stalled Workflow Requests’ category too then specifically ensure you have this permission. Look in Admin Tools > Manage Permission Roles > select the role to edit > click the Permission button > browse under the Administrative Permissions section > Manage Workflow > Manage Workflow Requests. This Permission Allows administrators to view and access stalled employee-related workflows from the Admin Alerts 2.0 tile. Users without the permission can process the same workflows in the old Admin Alerts. When the permission is granted, the workflows move over to Admin Alerts 2.0. For More details see sap help guide on on Handling Workflow Requests under Employee Central Workflows: Implementation and Administration.
- Similarly you will only see the ‘People Issues’ category in the Admin Alerts tile if you have permission to the Role in Administrative Permissions section > Manage Hires. See more details on sap help guide Manage Pending Hires Tool
- You will also only see the ‘HR Data Issues’ category in the Admin Alerts tile if the Role has permission in Administrative Permissions > Manage Foundation Objects > Import Foundation Data see KBA 2339054 - Admin Alerts - How to permission HR Data Issues feature. For addittional Permissions see sap guide for HR Data Issue Alerts
Note : For any data issues with related to Admin Alerts please raise a case with the Module Team who are responsible for the application related data.
You can find more information on how to transfer permissions from legacy Admin Alerts to Admin Alerts 2.0 under Admin Alert Versions and under Adapting Permission Roles for Legacy Admin Alerts Using the Check Tool.
SF, success factors, bizx, biz x, PLT, platform, Stalled Workflow, Invalid Data, Employees with Invalid HR Data, check tool, admin alerts, 2005, Platform, Admin Center, PLT, Release, Admin 2.0, Admin 2.0 Tile, Home Page, Check Tool , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-CHK , SuccessFactors Platform Check Tool , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To