- How to delete a Foundation Object
- Is it possible to permanently remove a Foundation Object?
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
NOTE: It is imperative that no users have the target Foundation Object, data that is to be deleted, in their Employee Central data set. You can check this by running a Person and Employment Export Ad-Hoc report to check if any users have EC data records with the Foundation Object value populated with that you would like to delete.
You can delete Foundation Objects via Admin Center > Employee Files > Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures
There are two scenarios regarding the deletion of Foundation Objects:
- Not migrated to MDF -
- Migrated to MDF -
- In the Search drop down select the type of object you would like to edit.
- Next to that box select the specific object.
- On the left hand side in the History box, click ‘Permanently Delete Entry’. This will remove the foundation object from your instance.
Best Practice Scenario:
- NEVER delete a Foundation Object that at some stage has been used for an employee's data.
- It is important to understand keeping a historic audit of data and values in the instance is a good thing!
- Instead of deleting the Foundation Object, you should consider setting the "Status" value to "InActive" which would remove it from the available list of values for end-users.
- Please refer to the linked KBA 2079456 for more Best Practice information on how to manage Foundation Objects.
BizX , SF , SuccessFactors , Success Factors , EC , KBA , sf admin 101 , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To