- What are Help & Tutorials pages?
- How to access and edit Help & Tutorials pages?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
What are the Help & Tutorials pages?
Help & Tutorials pages are modular level help pages. Revolution modules have dedicated Help & Tutorials pages where you can create online custom information portals for any module. Most of the information in these pages are controlled and managed by the admin, so you can change the content as frequently as you like and publish it again immediately.
You can use this page to display any information about your company processes, company culture, and talent management guidelines that you might post on a corporate intranet or send out by email. You can now deliver the information to your employees where they need it most—in SuccessFactors when your employees are already logged in and using SuccessFactors. Some examples of information you can share:
- Create a corporate training homepage;
- Provide handy shortcuts to forms and articles on your intranet or shared network;
- Save duplication effort and create a resource library by posting links to webinars, tutorial videos, and other recorded information;
- Link to professional social networking articles and resources;
- Create schedules, contact lists, directories, guidelines and checklists;
- Post announcements and important messages that change frequently.
The admin has control on these pages and can determine what information to show and when to show it. Each module has its own Help & Tutorials page, and each work separately from each other. This means you can put different information on different pages and decide to show one of the pages now and show another page later. The Help & Tutorials pages show up as sub-tabs under the main module page.
Important note: The left side of the page holds the Editing Window, where you can type or copy-and-paste in your content, format it, and save it. Then when you enable the page for your employees, they’ll see the information you just created.
Important note: The 2nd and 3rd (center and right column) sections of the page is dedicated to SuccessFactors product information for administrators, where there are multiple categories of information. Not being visible to employees or customizable.
How to access and edit Help & Tutorials pages?
The Help & Tutorials pages are automatically available to all Admins, and will always be accessible by Admins. It needs to be set up separately for all languages enabled in your instance.
- Login as an administrator with admin permissions and go to a SuccessFactors module;
- Click on the Help & Tutorials sub-tab;
- You will see a message saying: "This page is currently enabled/disabled for all users." (You are seeing this because you are an administrator.);
- In the section directly below this you will see the icon that indicates this area may be edited. It looks like a little pencil in a box. When you click on this you will see an option called Change Language and a drop down that lists all of the languages available for your instance;
- Select the language for what you want to create the content;
- Create the content;
- Click on the save button.
Now when a user with their default locale set to that language logs in they will be able to see the content you have created. You will need to do this for all languages. If you are not able to translate the entire content you may want to have English for all or put a note in the selected language that content is not available.
From H1 2021 We've added a new icon in the page header to open Help & Tutorials see screenshot below (note: this icon replaces the sub-tab 'Help & Tutorials'):
For non-admin user the permission for Help & Tutorials can be given in RBP : Admin Center > Manage Permission Role > select on the role permission role > click Permission > Manage System properties > Help Portlet Admin
What Model Page support Help & Tutorials:
Not all Module Pages will display help & tutorial these include
- Admin Center
- Legacy Home Page
- Latest Home Page
- Continuous Performance Management see KBA 2659003 - Help & Tutorial Tab in Continuous Performance Management is not available - Continuous Performance Management
- Onboarding 1.0
Each module has its own Help & Tutorials page and which work separately please check with the module team owner if you have any questions on Help & Tuturial specific to a module Page.
Help, Tutorials, Help & Tutorials, Edit, Use, links, right side, left side, admin , KBA , sf admin tools , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-PLT-THM , Theme Manager Issues , How To