This article explains how the "Do not store sender's comment on workflow action." setting works to stop the system from storing comments in the audit trail document info page.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management
When the “Do not store sender's comment on workflow action” setting is enabled, the comment text entered in Send Form to Next Step page's Comment field will not be visible on the Audit Trail page.
Go to Admin Tools > Company System and Logo Settings:
- When you select "Do not store sender's comment on workflow action", the SuccessFactors Application will no longer store these comments in the database, and no comments will display on the Document Information page/Audit trail.
- By default, the SuccessFactors Application stores the comments in the system database, audit trail, and displays the comments on the Document Information page.
- If you select this option, you cannot use the Show all routing comments when viewing Document Info page from Reports option because you aren't storing any comments in the database.
- With this feature enabled the comments column in your audit trail will be blank, even though the user may have left a comment prior to routing form.
When the option is NOT selected
Send to Next Step page - when the [[DOC_COMMENT]] token is added to the Document Routing Notification, the Email Notification Comments box appears on this page:
A comment left in the Email Notification Comments will appear in the Comments column of the Audit Trail if the above setting is not enabled:
- Users can only view the comments they've sent and the comments sent to them. They cannot view comments that they weren't directly involved in.
- For example, employees can view the comments their manager sent to them, but not the comments their manager sent to another manager, or to their manager's manager.
- This also applies to routing action comments such as "Approved and routed on behalf of.." and "System-approved.."
PM, Performance Form, Sender's comments, workflow action, audit trail, routing comments, approved, system-approved, actions, document information, stored, saved, visible, hide. , KBA , sf routing maps , LOD-SF-PM-FRM , Forms & Templates , How To