You are trying to create or edit employee data, but receive the following error: "Save failed; Maintain internal employees only via master data replication work center."
SAP Cloud for Customer.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Access the Employees work center view:
- Execute either one of the following:
- Click New to create an employee.
- Select an existing employee and click Edit.
The error occurs if Employee Master Data Replication is scoped in this system. You can verify this by the following steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Access the Implementations Projects work center view.
- Select a project and click the Edit Project Scope button.
- Navigate to the Questions step.
- Expand Communication and Information Exchange
- Expand Integration with External Applications and Solutions
- Select Integration of Master Data
- Here, the question "Do you want to replicate employee data from external application or solution of your cloud solution?" is checked.
In such cases, the employees are not created directly in the system, but come from an external system. So, it is not allowed to edit employees in the system. This restriction is to keep the employee data synchronized.
You can solve this issue by applying any of the following measures:
- After un-checking the question in the project scope mentioned above, the error should not occur anymore.
- You could create your internal employee in the external application.
- You could create an external employee (service agent/partner contact) in Cloud for Customer.
Maintain Internal Employee Data; Master Data Replication; , KBA , master data replication , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To