You are executing the G/L Account Balances Migration and the system shows the error message Cost/exp acct. permitted with assigmt to cost center ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Cost Center).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the respective project and click on Open Activity List button.
- Go to the tab All and search for the activity Migration of Accounting Transaction Data.
- Open the activity Migration of Accounting Transaction Data and choose Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool.
- Click on the Create Unit button.
- Enter a Title and Company and click on the Create button.
- Select the new unit created and click on the Execute migration button.
- Click on the Upload File button for G/L Account Balances and select the template to be used.
- Then choose the Process File button.
- The system shows the error Cost/exp acct. permitted with assigmt to cost center ABC.
You have maintained a Cost Center in the Template and this is not expected for balance sheet accounts.
In order to resolve this error you have to check the data in the excel template and maintain Cost Center only for cost or expense accounts.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To