You are running the GR/IR Clearing Run and the error message is shown as:
'Account determination group XYZ: G/L acct missing for Costs>Exchange Rate Differences>Gain from Exchange Rate Differences.'
You have maintained G/L Account in Costs Subledger under Exchange Rate Differences even then the error message is shown.
XYZ means the Account Determination Group ID.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inventory Valuation Work center.
- Go to the Periodic Tasks View.
- Go to the GR/IR Clearing Run subview.
- Show All GR/IR Clearing Run and Find the respective Run ID.
- Select the Run ID and Go to Details: Log files.
- Choose Log Result as per the Set of Books Description.
Error message is shown as: Account determination group XYZ: G/L acct missing for Costs ->Exchange Rate Differences ->Gain from Exchange Rate Differences.
G/L Account should be maintained for Gain from Exchange Rate Differences for Account Determination Group XYZ under Inventories Subledger.
You should maintain G/L Account for Gain from Exchange Rate Differences for Account Determination Group XYZ under Inventories Subledger by the following steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration Work center.
- Go to the Overview View.
- Search and open the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Go to Account Determination and then to Inventories.
- Go to Differences tab.
- Maintain G/L Accounts for Gain from Exchange Rate Differences and Loss from Exchange Rate Differences for Account Determination Group XYZ.
Once you have configured the above steps, execute the GR/IR Clearing Run again, as it should finished successfully.
GR/IR Clearing Run; account determination group; G/L acct missing for Costs; Exchange Rate; Inventories , KBA , account determination group , gr/ir clearing run , inventories , exchange rate , g/l acct missing for costs , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To