- This Article describes what to do when you have an issue where the scheduled/ ftp import is not updating the compensation options even if the checkboxes are enabled as part of you import options. This would be applicable if you are using the Role Based Permission Model or the Legacy permission model.
- When importing users via FTP and attempting to make compensation updates, users do not move between forms and Inactive users are not removed from Compensation forms.
- When you go into admin tools->Employee Import and select the options to update compensation data, you are able to successfully import data and compensation options such as Remove Inactive Employees From Compensation forms is successful.
- However when you do have an FTP/Scheduled import and the same compensation options are checked as part of your import options are checked, the import is successful however the compensation options fail even if the checkboxes are checked.
- This issue would be seen whether you are using the Role Based Permission Model or the Legacy Permission Model because the Permissions given to the admin user that has been setup as the job owner of the FTP Job are not sufficient.
- He may only be assigned to a role that has employee import permissions. In order for the compensation options to work for the scheduled/ftp import, he must also have the compensation administration permissions, specifically permissions for Update compensation forms as well as Update compensation forms for Template. For admin that are setup as the Job owner of an ftp import, please update the role that the admin is a part of to include all the permissions that he would have if he would if he were doing imports from within the application(via admin tools).
- For customers not using role based permissions, please make use of admin tools->Administrative Privileges. From there, please search for the admin and grant him the compensation administration permissions.
- This would ensure consistent behavior whether imports are done from admin tools or via ftp.
* Please note: Beginning August 1, 2014 SucessFactors will only support SFTP and HTTPS. Please click here for additional information.*
KBA , sf compensation manage data , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions