- How do I suppress System-generated Email Notifications?
- How to allow end users to suppress the Email Notifications by themselves?
- 'The company-wide setting for Email Notification is active, so individual settings are not allowed.'
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
The suppression of Email Notifications can be accomplished in 2 different ways:
- On a per email template or notifications type basis
- By the end user (if enabled)
Suppressing Email templates or notifications based on types
To enable or disable specific email notifications based on the types, follow the below steps:
- Go to Admin Center
- Select 'E-Mail Notification Templates Settings' in the 'Company Settings' section.
- Deselect the check box(es) associated with the Email notification(s) you would like to suppress.
- A check mark turns an Email Notification ON or makes it active;
- No check mark turns an Email Notification OFF or makes it inactive;
- Active Email Notiifications will be sent to users when the related actions occur.
Allowing end users to suppress Email templates or notifications
To enable users to decide for themselves whether they receive email notifications or not, you need to follow the below steps:
- Admin Center > Company Settings > Company System and Logo Settings
- On this page you will see a checkbox option as follows (set as required):
"Use this option to specify whether users will receive Email notifications, company-wide. If this is selected, all users will receive Email about all workflow-related processes. If not selected, each user can switch notification on/off as required."
- Leaving this option blank/unchecked means that users will be able to change their individual setting under user Options > Notifications.
Once this option is disabled, end users can control the notification settings for themselves, from the options page:
Email, notifications, Suppress, Notification, templates, end, users, company-wide, individual, active, not, allowed , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-NOT , Email Notifications , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , How To