What is the Document Viewer and what type of documents does it support?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP Jam Collaboration
- The Document Viewer allows you to read and comment on a document uploaded to Jam without having to download it first.
- A small thumbnail preview will appear in the feed.
- You can click the thumbnail to open the document in the viewer. This will bring you to the document viewer page, where uploaded documents can be viewed through the Jam document viewer as slides.
- The document viewer currently supports multiple formats like - Text, PDF, Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Keep in mind that if you can't overwrite one file type with another, so if you originally uploaded an Excel file, then converted it to PDF, you'll need to upload the PDF as a new document.
- Other document types can be uploaded as well, however they can't be viewed as slides through the viewer - you will need to download those documents to open or view them.
- Document links will not be clickable.
- Excel files that have a lot of formulas and / or formatting may not render correctly in the slide viewer. We recommend you convert, then upload your Excel files in PDF format. That way your formulas and formatting will be viewed as intended.
PDF inline viewer
- If enabled by your company administrator, you can download, view, and print an inline PDF.
- If features (such as Print) are not enabled with inline viewing, PDFs can be downloaded with the option Open or Save in a PDF viewer.
- Any links in the PDF inline view are clickable
Document Viewer, Slide Viewer, PDF Inline Viewer , KBA , csg_q , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , LOD-SF-JAM-CNT , Content, File Sharing & Upload , How To