I deleted a content item but the feed still remains.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Jam Collaboration
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Content section and locate the content item you wish to delete:
- Choose More > Delete selected items
- When you delete a content item (e.g. wiki, blog etc.), the related feed still exists.
- This is expected behavior. The feed item is not deleted as, although related to, it is separate from the content item
- there may be discussions/comments on the feed item; these should not be deleted.
- a user may have shared the feed
- a user may have bookmarked the feed
To delete the related feed:
- Click 'Feed Updates' and find the associated feed item
- Click inverted arrow icon, then 'Delete'
- A confirmation message appears, click Delete to remove the item from the group feed or profile wall
If your SAP Jam instance has a Home feed the feed will appear in it.
To remove the feed item from your Home feed, repeat steps 2 and 3 (above) in your Home feed.
Please note: The same applies if you delete a feed; the content that generated the feed will remain unless you go to the Content section and delete the content item:
SAP Jam feed, feed item, delete feed, delete feed items, remove, erase , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , LOD-SF-JAM-FED , Feed Issues , How To