If hiring within Florida, Idaho, Mississippi or Iowa, with a Driver's License (LIST B) document selected, then the RIDE program within E-Verify will be initiated
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding - 1.0
- E-Verify RIDE (Records of Information from DMVs for E-Verify)
- E-Verify (RIDE) is a feature launched in 2011, which allows USCIS to improve the accuracy and integrity of E-Verify by enabling it to compare driver’s license data against state records.
- The RIDE program allows the federal government’s E-Verify system to verify information from employees who submit a state driver’s license or state identification document in the course of the I-9 Employment Verification Process.
- The following states have joined as of 2013:
- Florida, Idaho, Mississippi and Iowa
RIDE helps document fraud by enabling E-Verify to confirm the authenticity of an additional identity document.
- If an employee presents a driver’s license of a state that does not participate in RIDE to establish his or her identity and a social security card to establish his or her employment authorization, E-Verify would only have been able to confirm the validity of the social security card.
- RIDE enables E-Verify employers in Florida, Idaho and Mississippi to confirm the validity of both documents
In the New Employee Step, the new hire will select a “Driver’s License” as the List B identity document
In the orientation Step, the Corporate Representative will confirm that the new hire presented a “Driver’s License: as the List B identity document
When the Corporate Representative selects “Florida”, “Idaho”, “Mississippi” or “IOWA” as the Issuing Authority, when E-Verify is launched, RIDE will be initiated.
A DHS Reverify panel will appear during the Initial Verification.
The Corporate Representative will verify the “Driver’s License Number and Date of Birth” before clicking the “Submit DHS Reverify” button.
The “Driver’s License” will be validated against the Issuing Authority’s records
E-Verify, Driver Licence Number, Date of Birth , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD , Onboarding , How To