- Resume Parsing is now available in SuccessFactors Recruiting
- Ability to extract information from an uploaded resume to pre-populate the previous work experience, current employer and contact address fields on the application
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Configuration and Behaviors:
- Customers can turn this on themselves by finding this feature in the Upgrade Center
- In order to use this feature there are actions that need to be taken by the customer in Admin Center, as well as by Cloud Product Support
- Resume Parsing is designed to work best when the customer’s configuration has the profile before the application
- Navigate to Admin Center> Managing Recruiting > Configure Standardization Mapping > Select Candidate Standardization
- You must complete the mapping exercise in order for the resume information to be parsed into the background information sections
- Resume parsing supports the following languages: Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Polish, Romanian, Italian, Slovak, Czech, Russian, Portuguese, & Chinese
- When using resume parsing, separate candidate profile XML permissions for internal and external candidates
- If these permissions are not separated, the recruiting user will see the internal candidate name update with the parsed information from the resume
- This could cause issues if the client is mapping to the employee profile
- Third party software Textkernel is used to parse resume data. Supported languages are listed there. At this time, SAP does not subscribe to the image parsing technology that is offered
- Resume Parsing will not parse a Resume if the file is entered via API.
- Resume Parsing does not work 100% when Mobile Apply is enabled for the instance, it will only parse the background elements for all application, from a mobile or from a desktop
- The following fields are the supported Candidate Profile fields for Resume Parser:
First Name (firstName)
Home Phone (homePhone)
Contact Email (contactEmail)
Cell Phone (cellPhone)
Current Company (currentCompany)
Current Title (currentTitle)
Note: PDF documents that were scanned in or were previously images will not parse as expected. A PDF that was previously a text document will parse as designed.
- Resume parsing is imperfect and resume text may not parse exactly as entered.
- Picklist fields will not work with resume parsing as the system will expect the option ID in order to parse the value and not the Picklist Label.
sf, success factors, RCM, configure standardization mapping, candidate standardization, cv , KBA , sf resume , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , How To