You Have Leave Requests in Approval, But no Approval BTM Sent to The Approver.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Home work center.
- Go to My Requests subview.
The leave request in In Approval, but no approval task was sent to the expected approver.
There are Leave requests being shown in status In Approval although there are no approval tasks in Line Manager's inbox.
This is due to a mismatch in Business Configuration Scope settings vs Fine tuning settings:
- The scoping question Would you like to send an explicit approval task for a leave request to the manager? is Switched off.
- The Time Type Holiday is marked as Approval from Line Manager Required
Set the Approval options as Send Notification to Line Manager for the time types in line with scoping setting:
- Navigate to Business Configuration.
- View Overview.
- Open activity Time Types UK and click Maintain Approval Options.
Maintain the setting as per your requirement
Please ensure to have the scoping question: 'Would you like to just send a notification of a leave request to the manager?' added to scope for the above Approval option.
For the already effected leave requests in status In Approval can be approved/rejected by the Time Administrator by the below steps:
- Navigate to Time Administration.
- View Employees.
- Sub view Time File.
- Employee Times.
Leave Approval , Approval , Leaves , KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To