How can I control what data is anonymized when a candidate record is purged?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
- Change Type: Opt-In; Requires engaging a Partner consultant. This feature is used in conjunction with the Data Privacy Consent 2.0 tool: 2341240
- Previous Behavior: Information from purged profiles is deleted from system.
- New Behavior: Information from purged profiles can be anonymized based on business rules, allowing statistical reporting to remains intact while honoring the candidate’s privacy.
What system actions cause a candidate to be anonymized?
- Declining DPCS
- Requesting to be deleted (“Deleted On Demand By Candidate” or "Deleted On Demand By Admin").
- Scheduled data purge (DRM 2.0) - for more information please refer to the following Knowledge Base Article: 2088065.
What happens in the system after a candidate is flagged for anonymization?
- The candidate will not return in search results.
- The candidate / applications can no longer be actioned (statuses).
- Outstanding Interview and Offer To-dos are marked completed.
- Agencies will not see the candidate available for submission.
- If the candidate returns, they are treated as a brand new candidate and must recreate their account.
- In Ad-hoc reporting, you can elect to include or exclude anonymized data.
- Clients who change their DPCS can now enforce their candidates to accept the newest version when they return to the site.
- Candidates who decline the DPCS will have their profile information purged.
- Candidates can self-purge their profiles on demand.
- To maintain statistical reporting, profiles are anonymized (not deleted) based on client specified business rules.
- Routine data purging will now honor the anonymization business rules.
When you create an ad-hoc report and filter by the candidate id, you can select the Anonymized flag as a column in order to understand the status of that particular candidate. Please see the 5 potential results below;
- Non-Anonymized (Meaning that the Candididate Profile is currently intact)
- Anonymized (Meaning that the PII information in the Candidate Profile is masked)
- Marked for anonymization by DPCS decline (DPCS is declined /Meaning that the Candidate Profile is no longer available in the system)
- Marked for anonymization by admin delete (Admin Deleted Candidate Profile /Meaning that the Candidate Profile is no longer in the system)
- Marked for anonymization by candidate delete (Candidate Deleted their Profile /Meaning that the Candidate Profile is no longer in the system)
SF, Success Factors, RCM, purge, profile, ad hoc, ad-hoc, report, anonymized flag, flag, Anonymized, Anonymized Flag, DPCS, candidate profile , KBA , sf candidate , sf data privacy , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , How To