SAP SucccessFactors Recruiting Management
- The most common cause of this is due to the report’s filters.
- The ad hoc report allows the creator to apply an infinite amount of filters to improve focus on the data you are looking for. However, the filters may contradict each other.
- Identify one entry that you expected to be in your report, but isn’t showing.
- Remove the filters, one-by-one, until you find the filter that was preventing your entire form appearing.
- Next, you need to find an explanation to why this filter removed your desired entry. Add that filter as one of the fields to report to show what data is contained in the field of your entry. If the data seems to match your filter criteria; Meaning, the filters should be showing this entry, Please contact the Customer Success Department via Phone or the Customer Success Portal.
SF, SuccessFactors, RCM, ad-hoc , KBA , sf recruiting reports , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting all versions