- Some customers have the need to synchronize an EC date field to the User Data File (UDF). Sometimes all the UDF date fields are in use and the customer chooses to sync the data to a String field (e.g. Custom01 through 15).
- The date format changes from the date format in EC to a different date format when I export the UDF. The date in EC is displayed in MM/DD/YYYY format. But when I export the UDF via Admin Tools > Employee Export, and I open the file in a text editor such as NotePad, I see the date format as YYYY/MM/DD. I also see this date format when passing this field data to a 3rd party system.
- Employee Central
- This is expected behavior. The system is saving the date in a “neutral” format. When you view this date in SuccessFactors, it will be displayed in the locale format you are using, the same as when you run a report on this data, the system will return the date in the locale format selected for the user running the report (set in Options > Change Language).
- The reason for this is so that if/when data is passed between other 3rd party systems, the data format can be defined so that the receiving system understands what format the date is in. Remember, the date is coming from a String (text) field, so it needs to be in a format that does not change and can be understood by external systems.
- For example, if you open the UDF export in Excel, it will display dates held in String fields in the format of your PC’s locale.
- This should be taken into consideration when integrating API or BOOMI.
KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions