Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- MDF Business Rules
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Admin Centre > Configure Business Rules
- Create New > Basic Rule
- Under 'Rule Type' there is no option for the rule you are creating
The required Rule Type needs to be defined as a Rule Type Picklist to be selectable under 'Rule Type'
The Rule Type picklist is configured via Admin Center > Picklist Center > RuleType picklist.
- In Admin Centre, search for Picklist Center;
- Under the Picklist list, choose the oldest version (Jan 1, 1900) and make the desired changes to the picklist values or add new ones in the Add New Value button.
- Give an External Code and a Label to the new Rule Type > click Create.
- The Rule Type is then visible when creating a new rule.
Note: If your instance has not been migrated from Legacy to MDF, use Picklist Management to make the change instead.
RuleType, Rule Type, Picklist, Configure Business Rules, Change, Add, MDF Picklist, Legacy Picklist, value, jon information, personal iformation, typo , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , DO NOT USE - Business Rules & Event Derivation , How To