This issue looks at the reason why a user does not show in the Manager drop-down menu in Employee Central > Job Information.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SuccessFactors: Employee Central
- We are trying to set Carla Grant as an employee’s Manager, but when we type in Carla’s name into the Manager field, we get no results.
- This issue occurs when the employee you are trying to assign as the Manager, does not have any Personal Information set in their Personal Information portlet, as seen below -:
- Employee Central uses Personal Information to list employees in the Manager field, and if an employee does not have any personal Information, they will not show in this drop-down menu.
- The issue also occurs when Manager has no Personal Information As of effective date from which you are trying to make her a manager.
For EC enabled system, user should also have job information record as of date to be assigned as manager for another EC employee.
- The solution is to maintain the Personal Information for the Manager As Of the effective date you are wishing to make her Manager, either via Import or via Edit/History button in the UI. Once added, they will show up in the Manager drop-down menu -:
Supervisor, search, user type, manager dropdown, user blank , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-JOB , Job Information , How To