When trying to install SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.1 Client Tools on a Windows Server the following errors are obtained:
(Error messages appear after installation but installation is not finished - it takes up the space on the Hard Disk but the executables are not present on the machine)
- Missing installdir reg key for installiverse, required for uninstall.
Key: SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Installer\aurora
- Assertion failure
A fatal error has occured which has caused the installer to quit.
Please gather any %TEMP% and installer logs to present to your
- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
- SetupEngine.exe has stopped working
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BI) 4.x Client Tools
- Any supported Microsoft Windows Server version
SBOP_BI_PLAT_4.1_SP2_CLNT_WIN_32_64B_; Windows Server 2008 R2; finish; installed; after; end; finished; 22.214.171.124; 6.1.7601.2.1.0.16.7; %temp%, setupengine,exe, c++,runtime,library , KBA , biinst , BI-BIP-INS , Installation, Updates, Upgrade, Patching , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.