This article provides information on the Performance Inbox (My Forms) features, including Send to Next Step, Search feature, and Mass Routing from the Inbox.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Performance and Goals
- The Performance Inbox stores Performance Management Forms and 360 Multi-rater Reviews.
- it can be accessed by a user that has permission to access the performance module from the Main Menu > Performance. (Information on permissioning the Performance tab.)
- In the menu you will see All Forms, and the In Progress and Completed folders. (Form Status is an old report that should no longer be used and was replaced by Form list reports and the dashboards. Please request to have Form Status disabled via a case)
- Under In Progress, you will find the Inbox and the En route folders.
Tip: En route forms are only a snapshot in time and will not show live data. See also - Route Maps: Enroute Copy of Form Does Not Show Correct Data
Create New Form Button
- If permissioned some users may see the Create New Form button from within their inbox. If a user has this button when they click it they will see a list of forms they have the permission to create.
My Direct Reports
- The Inbox can display either My Direct Reports or All forms, depending on the Radio button selected at the top of the My Forms > Inbox page. This filter will only be visible to users with direct reports.
- If My Direct Reports is selected, then only forms from a direct report will display. The user's own forms will not be displayed.
Hiding a Form in the Inbox
- Can we hide a form that someone can see in their inbox or completed folder?
- Yes, this is possible, but use caution not to get a form stuck with someone who has it in thier inbox but cannot see it.
- Use the Document Visibility feature: Manage Document Visibility - How to hide documents in enroute and completed folders
- Currently, in our system, if the user wants to use "Search For Forms" in the Inbox folder, he/she needs to be granted the "Mass Route Documents" permission.
- There is no standalone permission for opening up this feature in the Inbox folder.
- The search functionality was designed for the Mass Route Documents functionality, to enable people to select multiple forms from the inbox, and route them using "Sent to Next Step” button.
- The options for the Search tool are standard elements. However, custom filters will also be available among the search options if configured in your data model.
Inactive Form Templates are displayed in the Templates search field by default. The reason for this is that there may be forms in a user's inbox even if the form template is set to 'inactive' status. If the inactive form template name was not available in the Search options, then the old forms would not be available to search.
Send to Next Step Button - Route multiple forms from my inbox
- If you regularly route multiple forms from your Inbox, you have the option to do the routing or approvals all at once with a single click.
- You can search for all the forms you'd like to work with and make changes, such as approve the forms, in a single click.
- With this option enabled the user will see a new button "Send to Next Step" in the inbox.
- See: Performance Management: Manage Live Forms - Mass Route Documents from Inbox Using Send to Next Step Button
- Is it possible to add folders, rename folders, and delete folders for completed documents to better manage all of the completed forms?
- Yes, please see: Manage Inbox Folders, Delete a Completed Document Folder from the Inbox
Performance Inbox, folders, Completed, In progress, en route, search, mass route documents, create new form, search, display, hide, visibility, remove, send, to next, step, mass route, button, display options, header, title, inactive template, form, templates, documents, enroute, PM , KBA , LOD-SF-PM-FRM , Forms & Templates , LOD-SF-MTR-FRM , Forms and Templates , How To