- Execution of a command similar to:
select lct_admin("abort", 0, <dbid>)
select lct_admin("abort", <spid>)
- Attempt was previously made to KILL the process in question
- The process was in LOG SUSPEND state when KILL was attempted
- ASE errorlog may report errors similar to:
Error: 4720, Severity: 16, State: 1
The transaction log in database tempdb is almost full. Your transaction is being suspended until space is made available in the log.
Error: 7437, Severity: 16, State: 1
lct_admin(abort): Your process, with process ID 225, is now being aborted by administrator request. It has been waiting in log-suspend state in database 'tempdb'.
WARNING: Pss 0x0x00000001766b3608 found with open sdes. pspid 225, psuid -1163, pcurdb 2, system table entry 0, sdesp 0x0x0000000162aca490, objid 1920382379.
Unable to do cleanup for the killed process; received Msg 3617.
- Process is not cleaned up and may cause blocking or other issues in ASE
- ASE must be recycled to clear this condition
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
sybase, phantom, spid, orphan, CR767295 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.