This KB article explains how to configure sftp settings with LMS administration which will send reports directly to sftp server.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Navigate to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > REPORT_SYSTEM config file
- Fill the following details in this file which will put the file in sftp:
#This section is used for configuring an FTP server to receive report output
#In environments where access to root level directory is denied, path can be configured as relative path
#Relative path should be in the format - <directory in user home directory>/<sub directory>/<sub directory> where <sub directory> are optional
#defaultReportFtpConfig.server=ftpupload.plateau.com - your sftp URL goes here (e.g.: sftp8.sapsf.com (no https))
Note: To send a specific report to sftp, search for the configurations below in the config file:
# for a specific report, add
IMPORTANT: You MUST remove the # otherwise you will not be able to save your changes since # marks the text as a comment and not a configuration
- Go to the Reports Tab and search for the specific report.
- Click on '+' sign to expand (icon 1 in the image below).
- Click on the "Export" icon from the report that you wish to configure for SFTP (icon 2 in the image below)
Note: You will see a report name next to "Selected Report" which is the report name that you need to provide in the REPORT_SYSTEM configuration file (as highlighted in red text above)
- Copy the report name on the field "Selected Report".
- Go to Reports Tab and choose to run the report or schedule it
- Choose Report destination as Remote File and run/schedule the report. It will be placed in the specified SFTP folder
- To test if the SFTP connection is working, just run the report on the spot after saving the changes in the REPORT_SYSTEM configuration file
- If the report fails then it is a connection issue and check the SFTP URL and credentials
- Report names should not contain the full stop punctuation.
- For example, TEST_REPORT_V2.0. When admin populates REPORT_SYSTEM for this report (for example, reportFtpConfig.TEST_REPORT_V2.0.protocol=sftp) the following error will be generated:
Cannot save the property list because the key reportFtpConfig.TEST_REPORT_V2.0.protocol is not recognized as a valid key for this property list. The unrecognized key or part of the key is: 0.
- REPORT_SYSTEM is expecting to find a command, instead it finds the 0. value Rename the report to TEST_REPORT_V2 or TEST_REPORT_V2_0. to resolve.
- At this time, it is not possible to configure saved report for remote destination. If you are interested in this feature, please support this enhancement request: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/230980
sf, success factors, LMS, configure sftp settings, sftp folder, REPORT_SYSTEM, reportFtpConfig, Cannot save the property list, not recognized, valid key, unrecognized key, part of the key, report destination, remote file, local file , KBA , lod-sf-lms-rep reporting data , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-PRD , VJDBC Setup or Connection Issues , How To