Although the project status is In Planning the Customer name field in the Accounting tab is not editable.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Go to the Projects view.
- Select the Project XYZ which is In Planning status (XYZ represents the project ID).
- Click on the Edit button.
- Select the Project Plan option.
- Go to the Accounting sub tab.
- The Customer field in the Customer section is read only.
The reason for this system behavior is that the corresponding sales order is in status Released.
As long as the corresponding sales order is in status In Preparation the customer name is editable in the project. After the Sales Order is submitted the customer field is no longer editable.
This is the expected system behavior.
Suggested Workaround: If there are no follow up documents created you can create a new project based on the sales order. Keep the sales order In Preparation status and the Project In Planning status, double check the Customer name in both documents.
Customer name in project , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To