You are trying to release a tax return, however the system informs that the annual net profit is calculated.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Tax Management work center.
- Go to the Tax Returns view of the respective tax return type, e.g.:VAT Returns.
- Select your tax return and click Release.
An error message is raised as follows: Set of books <ID>, company <ID (name)>, fiscal year <concerned fiscal year>: annual net profit calculated
The posting date of your tax return lies on an open accounting period, however for that fiscal year, you have already executed a balance carryfoward run, which in step 2, calculated and carry forwarded profit/loss. Once the run is executed with step 2, the fiscal year is locked against postings, therefore the error message upon the tax return release is raised.
In order to be able to release your tax return you may choose one of the below two approaches, according to your business needs.
1) Reverse the balance carryfoward run with step two and make sure that the concerned accounting period allows posting.
You can find the balance carryfoward runs through the below steps.
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Balance Carryfoward view.
- Select the run, which was executed in step 2, and reverse it.
For further details about the reopening procedures, please refer to the Reopening a Fiscal Year section on Help-Document Closing Fiscal Years.
2) You may change the posting date of the tax return to an open fiscal year and period. Be aware that this approach implies in posting the tax return to a different period.
After the going through one of the above steps, the error situation is overcome.
KBA , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To