This KBA covers how to enable the LMS to check for scheduling conflicts when users are enrolling in Scheduled Offerings/Classes
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon as a user in Learning
- Search for an Instructor Led Course in the catalog to register into the Schedule offering of that ILT
- Click on Register Now for one of the offerings for that ILT
- A validation error is thrown to the user showing the conflict with another schedule offering that the user is already enrolled into:
The User [User Details] has a schedule conflict with scheduled offering [SO Details].([Scheduled Date Time])
There is a configuration which prevents users from creating scheduling conflicts. And also there is a separate setting that prevents Admins/Managers from creating these conflicts as well.
The scheduling conflicts check can be turned on/off from the Learning Administration:
- Go to System Admin > Configuration -> User Settings (AdminUI 2005: System Administration > Application Administration > User Settings)
- Uncheck the option "Prevent Users from creating user schedule conflicts" and/or "Prevent Admins and Managers from creating user schedule conflicts."
- Allows the user (and/or admins/managers) to override the scheduling conflict and enroll into multiple Schedule offerings that are scheduled for the same date and time
- Check the option "Prevent Users from creating user schedule conflicts" and/or "Prevent Admins and Managers from creating user schedule conflicts."
- The application throws the validation error, and does not allow the scheduled offering/class registration because of the conflict
SAP Help Portal - General User Settings
SF, SuccessFactors, LMS, Learning, Schedule offering, conflict, User, settings, prevent, disable, enable, turn on off, error, warning, class, allow , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-SCH , Scheduled Offerings , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , How To