You Open an Assignment Profile created in your system to synchronize and you see that the sychronization is taking a long time to finish.
- SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the LMS as an Administrator.
- Go to Users -> Assignment Profiles
- Open an Assigment Profile.
- Click Synchronise.
There are many factors that determine the length of time that the Assignment Profile Synchronization will run. Some of these factors include other process running on the system at the same time, the amount of Assignment Profiles you are actively using, the amount and kind of attributes that those Assignment Profiles have and the amount of changes made in the system between successful completion of the Assignment Profiles.
There are a number of options avaialble to you in order to limit the amount of time it takes for an Assignment Profile to successfully synchronize.
Schedule the Job at non Peak hours:
- In LMS Admin, Go to Users.
- Open Assignment Profiles
- Search one of your Assignemt Profiles
- Open the Assignment Profile and Select Synchronise.
- In the Synchronise window, Schedule the job for a certain Date and Time. You can also choose the "View Available Time Slots" Option
- Click Finish
When Scheduling the Jobs in this way, also think of the Frequency. If you have an Assignment Profile that is used very often then try scheduling this to synchronise more frequently. This way, you limit the amount of changes made to Users etc.
AP, Sync time, Synchronize, Synchronization , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , How To