You open a report in Excel using a logon language other than English. Here you notice that the units of measure are displayed in English, although your logon and Excel language are set up differently.
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to the system in your preferred language (other than English)
- Go to the work center and view that your report is assigned to
- Open your report in Microsoft Excel
You notice that although the report is shown in your logon language, the units of measure are shown in English, for example HUR for hours, EA for each, etc. You expect the units of measure to be shown in your logon language instead.
This is a limitation of this functionality.
When opening the report in Excel, only the English descriptions of the unit of measure can be shown. The reason for this is partly because it is needed for further calculations, pivot tables etc. Additionally, only the ISO standard units with 3 digits can be shown, so a description longer than 3 digits would not fit. If you would like to see the unit of measure in another language, you have 2 options:
- You can view the report in the browser instead of Excel. In browser-based reports, the unit of measure is displayed according to the logon language.
- Otherwise, please open the report in the browser first. Then click on Download and Report in Microsoft Excel in XML Format.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Product Enhancement