- Goal Management
In the b1011 release there now exists support for the ability to configure calculated fields. This is a very powerful and configurable feature. Some examples of commonly requested calculated fields:
- Goal Score: Rating x Weight
- Run Rate: Actual / (current date – start date)
- Year end Forecast (based on current run rate): Run rate x (due date – start date)
- Target Run Rate: Target / (due date – start date).
- Year end Forecast (based on target run rate): Actual + (target run rate x (due date – current date))
- Proposed Run Rate: (Target – Actual) / (due date – current date)
Please contact Customer Success to have your goal plans reconfigured if you would like to start using custom calculations. Depending on the complexity of your requirements, the change may require a Professional Services engagement.
Calculations, Functions, & Operators
The follow are a list of tables that describe what can be used in the <rule-condition> and <calculator> elements.
The application has a large array of built in functions such as sum() avg() add() subtract() multiple() date() round() diff() NOW divide() etc. Please contact Customer Success if you require more information on goal plan configuration options.
Support for calculated ratings at the sub-goal (milestone, target, task) level.
The SuccessFactors Application does support custom calculations for sub-goals.
•Calculated sub-goal rating
•Calculate sub-goal score (rating x weight)
•Roll up sub-goal scores to the goal level rating
- Full details on metric lookup tables found at: Goal Management: Manage Templates - Metric Lookup Tables
- Configuration examples available for Partners & Support in the SF DTD for objective plans > search on " <calculator id="c1"> for calculator examples.
KBA , LOD-SF-GM-TMP , Template Management , How To