How to enable Goal Management V12 UI
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Goal Management
- UI Version: v12
- Product Editions: All
- Enabled in Provisioning or Upgrade Center
- No cost to enable if already subscribed to GM
- Client can enable this themselves from the Upgrade Center
New Feature or Update
- The GM Plan now has a cleaner user interface, with better usability and access to tools and functionality.
- Who should not use it: Customers who are in the middle of their current Goal Plan may choose to not upgrade to the new User Interface (UI) until they can update their change management plans and training materials.
- What is Supported/Converted for GM v12?
- All features and configurations are technically supported, however not everything has had a UI update yet
- NOTE: Accessibility (aka 508 conformance) is not yet supported on GM v12 Beta
What is Updated in the UI?
- Overall Goal Plan Layout
- Sub Goal Display in Plan
- Goal Alignment Display in Plan
- Goal Plan State
- All Goal Plan Buttons and Actions
- Switch Goal Plan
- Search for Users Interface
What is Not Updated in the UI as of B1408?
The following options within the goal module have not yet had the facelift so will still have the older V11 type look within the GMv12 pages. We hope to have all these areas also updated within the next build or 2 so that the look and feel is consistent. There is no functional impact at all due to this, other than some areas still looking like they have the older look.
- Cascade Pop-Up
- Group Goal (1.0 and 2.0) Pop-Up
- Mass Assign Pop-Up
- Goal Spotlight Page
- Goal Detail Page
- Goal Filter by Date Range
- Print Layout
- Goal Execution Status
- Goal Execution Agenda
- Goal Execution Map
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q - What will be the impact of enabling GMv12?
After Enabling GMv12, all Goal plans will reflect the new UI.
Q – Will there be v11 features not yet available in GM v12?
In general, and for most features, the answer is no. GM v12 is purely a UI refresh. There will be pop-ups and some elements that do not have a UI refresh treatment yet, but they will come in future phases.
Q – Is GM v12 compatible with PM v11?
GM v12 is compatible with PM v11 and PM v12.
Q – Is there a cost to upgrade or do I need a PS engagement?
GM v12 is a free upgrade and does not require a PS engagement. Any clients wanting to redesign their processes however should consider a PS engagement.
Q – Do I need a specific GM v12 template?
No new template is needed. Enabling the feature enables it for ALL existing plans.
Q – Can we revert back to GMv11 after testing this?
Yes. While we recommend all clients move to the new UI, and do not plan to stay on or move back to GMv11, since it is just a UI update, it can easily be changed back to GMv11 if needed. We recommend clients with test instances first try it in their test instance.
GM v12, Goal Management V12, GM v12 UI , KBA , sf gm v12 , LOD-SF-GM-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , How To