- You want to assign a Project Task to an Expense Report.
- But when trying to select the respective Project Task it is not available.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Project Management, the Project Team work center or the Travel and Expenses work center.
- Choose the New Expense Report (on behalf, if you are creating an Expense report for another employee) under Common Tasks.
- In Step 1 - General Information enter all mandatory data and then choose the Edit Cost Assignment link.
- In the Cost Assignments screen press Add Row.
- In the Account Assignment Type field choose Project Task.
- In the Project Task field enter Project Task ABC (ABC represents the Project Task ID).
Project Task ABC cannot be selected.
In an Expense Report only those Project Tasks can be selected that are directly assigned to an Employee. If the employee is not assigned to respective Project Task then it is not available in the Selection Value help.
If you need to assign a specific Project Task to the Employee
- enter the Project Task Selection Help (The small icon in the very right of the Project Task field).
- In the Search Screen open the Advanced Search (click on the small Filter icon in the top right corner).
- Remove the data in the Employee ID field.
- Enter Project Task ABC in the Project Task ID field and press Enter.
- Select the Project Task to navigate back to the Cost Assignment screen.
This Expense is now associated with the respective Employee and Project Task ABC.
Project Task missing, Expense Report, Assign Employee to Project Task , KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , How To