You have created an Expense Report for a trip and added an expense type of Lodging category (e. g. Hotel). You then change the Expense Report Start or End Date and expect the system to automatically update the Lodging Expense Check-In/Out Dates accordingly. However this doesn't happen and you get an information message: "Business trip duration has changed; adapt your expense dates if necessary".
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Travel & Expenses work center
- Click Claim Travel Expenses
- Enter mandatory data: Purpose, Start Date, Country and City
- Click Save and Open
- On the Expense Report screen, click Add Expense
- Choose an Expense Type of Expense Category Lodging (e. g. Hotel) and click Add
- Now change the Expense Report Start or End Date
- Note the message on page bottom "Business trip duration has changed; adapt your expense dates if necessary".
- Select the Lodging expense added and click More and Open
- Note that
The auto update in Lodging Expense Check-In/Out dates is currently not available in the present release of SAP Cloud for Travel & Expense. System behavior is correct here.
As advised by the information message "Business trip duration has changed; adapt your expense dates if necessary" you need to manually update the Lodging Expense Check-In/Out dates.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To