- Missing data.
- Dimension that have no data, are not displayed in Crystal Reports.
- Viewing an SAP BW BEx Query in BEx Analyzer returns data for all the dimension regardless there is posted data or not for it in the SAP BW Cube, when the BEx Query dimension is formatted to display "Master Data".
- When the BEx Query option "Access Type for Result Values" is set to display "Master Data" for a specific Characteristic, it displays all the Master Data values for the Characteristic in BEx Analyzer, but it is missing the one that have no values when reporting off the same BEx Query in Crystal Reports.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP BW 7.1
- SAP BW 7.2
- SAP BW 7.3
- SAP BW 7.4
Reproducing the Issue
- In BEx Query Designer, create an SAP BW BEx Query with at least on Characteristic in the Rows, and one Key Figures in the Columns.
- Format the Characteristic added to the Rows, and under the Extended Properties, select "Master Data", for the option "Access Type for Result Values"
- Save the BEx Query.
- When viewing the BEx Query in BEx Analyzer, it is returning all the Master Data value for the characteristic, regardless there is data for it or not in the SAP BW Cube.
- When reporting off the BEx Query in Crystal Reports using the MDX Query driver, it is only returning the values for the characteristic that have data for it in the SAP BW Cube. It is missing the characteristic values that have no data on the report.
- Crystal Reports uses the MDX technology to report off SAP BW BEx Query.
- The MDX technology does not support the BEx Query option: "Access Type for Result Values" to display "Master Data".
- It is displaying the expected data set in BEx Analyzer because it is an OLAP tool that does not use MDX Query to report off SAP BW BEx Query.
- Unfortunately, there is no option in Crystal Reports that can be used to return the same data set as in BEx Query Analyzer, when the Characteristic is set in BEx Query Designer to display "Master Data" for the option "Access Type for Result Values", since it get the result set using MDX query, which does not support this functionality.
CR, BEx, query, missing data , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016