Project Purchase Request is released but did not go for approval Process though the Project Purchase Request approval is scoped and active .
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Search and Choose the Project XYZ (XYZ represents the Project ID for which the Project Purchase Request is created)
- Choose the Edit button and Products.
- Go to the Purchase Request tab.
- Choose the Purchase request ABC (ABC represents the Project Purchase Request ID) .
- Go to the Document flow here you can see the Purchase request is created automatically out of the Project Purchase request but the Project Purchase request did not went for Project Purchase request approval process though the approval process is set up and active.
If the Project Purchase Request is created directly from the project the Project Purchase Request is called as I-PPR and this will go for approval process and if the Project Purchase Request is created from the Shopping Cart it is called E-PPR and it will not go for approval at all. It just create a Project Purchase Request as a view of shopping cart under the Project Purchase request view and it is read only and the system creates Purchase Request automatically.
The systems create the purchase request directly from the Shopping Cart and not from the from the Project Purchase Request. The Project Purchase Request shown under the Project Purchase Request view is not the actual Project Purchase request it is just a view of shopping carts for project reference.
If the Project Purchase request is scoped in the system and this will work only for those Project Purchase Request which are created from the project.
Kindly create the Project Purchase Request directly from the Project then the approval process will work. If you want to create the Project Purchase Request out of shopping cart and you intend all the document should go for approval then kindly set up the Shopping Cart approval and Purchase Request approval process.
The system works as designed.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To