You are searching for a particular employee in the Employees view of Personnel Administration work center, but cannot locate it, even though the same is available in the view through Advanced Search.
- SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Personnel Administration work center.
- Go to the Employees view.
- Input the Employee Name/ID in the Find box.
- Select the Go button.
The message No records found is seen.
- In the Employees view, select the Advanced option.
- Use the Value Help for Employee ID.
- The concerned employee can be found in the list.
The reason for this behavior is that only the basic data for this employee was created, but not the personnel file. This can happen in two ways:
- Only the first part of the Migration of Employee Data was completed for this employee;
- This employee was created when the system had a lean HCM module (no Personnel Administration), but the Personnel Administration work center was scoped at a later date.
To correct this, please do the following:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center;
- Access the Overview;
- Locate the activity Migration of Employee Data – XYZ (where XYZ stands for the country of the relevant employee);
- Open this activity and use either one of the below options:
- Migrate Personnel Administration data using the migration tool (use the migration template to create personnel files for multiple employees);
- Manually create Personnel File using basic employee data (option better suited for single employees).
Employee Missing, Advanced Search, No Personnel File, Employment, Can't find employee, Unable to find employee, Find Employee, employee search, Employee after hire, Employee after migration , KBA , not appearing , employees missing , employees view , no records found , search , not found , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , How To