- Table in question is very large (4TB in this instance)
- INSERT to table is simple:
insert into mytable select * from #my_temp_table
- INSERT fails with error 3626:
Msg 3626, Level 17, State 1: Server 'SYBASE', Line 1: The transaction was aborted because it used too much stack space. Either use sp_configure to increase the stack size, or break the query into smaller pieces. spid: %d, suid: %d, hostname: %.*s, application name: %.*s
- Error 3626 is followed by a stack overflow error:
stack_tracer: stack overflow last chance handler. Task 107807543 has completely exhausted stack at line 664 in file ... Cleanup is no longer possible and task will be killed
- Stack trace may include modules such as stack_abort(), stack_oflow(), pg__clean_oam(), pg__insertoam()
- Stack trace may loop indefinitely (until stack overflows) on certain module sequence, such as:
- Once stack overflows, ASE shuts down
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
loop, module,stack_abort(), stack_oflow(), pg__clean_oam(), pg__insertoam() , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.