When creating a new Broadcast you notice the tickbox Use Broadcast Bursting. You want to understand how this feature works.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center, Broadcast view.
- Click the New button.
- In the New Broadcast screen you find the tickbox Use Broadcast Bursting in the Recipients section.
To use the bursting feature, the report view which is broadcasts must include a characteristic which shows the email address.
Please note it is not sufficient to add the employee only to the view, or to add the email address as an attribute to the employee - the email address must be a standalone characteristic in the report view.
This feature will allow you to send reports to E-mail recipients that are part of the report result.
Take for example the following use case: You run the Sales Order Volume report and display the Employee Responsible in it. You know that you have maintained valid E-Mail addresses for each Employee Responsible. So you display the characteristic E-Mail (Employee Responsible) in the report.
Follow these steps to send the Sales Order Volume report to each Employee Responsible (filtered by their respective e-mail address):
- Save this view and your selection and give it a name, e.g. Sales Orders by Employee Responsible.
- NOTE: It is important that the view and the selection produce report results with valid e-mail addresses. Otherwise the Broadcast Bursting feature will not work.
- Now go to the Business Analytics work center, Broadcast view.
- Click the New button.
- In the field Object Name select the report that you want to distribute, in our example Sales Order Volume.
- In the Format and Content area select the View and the Selection of the report that you would like to distribute, in our example Sales Orders by Employee Responsible.
- Tick the Use Broadcast Bursting box.
- Open the value help for Attribute For Email.
- Select an attribute which is in a valid e-mail address format, in our example E-Mail (Employee Responsible). Please make sure you select the email address characteristic view here, not the employee characteristic.
- Click the Save & Close button.
The broadcast is now ready to use and can be either started immediately (via the Start Now button) or it can be sent in a periodic schedule.
If you get the error message E-mail address is invalid your created report view does not include a characteristic which shows valid e-mail addresses. In this case please go back to your report and use a different characteristic as explained in the steps above. Afterwards please save the report view and try to run the broadcast again.
broadcast bursting, feature, broadcast not sent, E-mail address is invalid , KBA , broadcast , broadcast bursting , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To